Drupal Commerce was developed from the ground up on Drupal 7, both benefiting from and contributing to the development of the Entity API, Views, and Rules modules. It redefined what Drupal can do in the eCommerce space, empowering businesses to sell physical products, event registrations, reservations, and digital products. Its ecosystem of contributed modules supports recurring billing with all of its complexities in addition to complex tax, multilingual, multi-currency, and omnichannel configurations.
Moving forward to Drupal 8, we have reevaluated our feature set and architecture to make Commerce easier to use and to develop with.
Learn all about our new architecture, including:
- The improved addressing and price formatting
- The revamped tax and price calculation systems
- The new multistore capabilities
- The many contrib modules we've brought into "core"
- What we're bringing to the D8 contrib ecosystem
- What we're bringing to the PHP ecosystem (via our libraries)
Let’s talk architecture, get excited, and start bidding on our first eCommerce projects powered by Drupal 8.