When we are going to start a Drupal 8 project, we need to plan before we can actually start development. Will be talking about a case study around a project that we recently completed. We were asked to move a media publishing website from Drupal 6 to Drupal 8.
Easy peasy you think.. eh?? Well we thought so too until we actually got down to do the same! Here we will we be providing you a low down on what all transpired and how gave a good product to our client.
In this talk we intend to cover the following aspects:
- Convincing clients to be the guinea pigs. Well they called themselves so!
- How to go about analysing the project (and yet not get into paralysis)
- Taking care of migration
- Setting up development and deployment practices
- Better Content Entry and workflow . Let's admit D6 wasnt "Author-Friendly"!
- Requirements from QA perspective (we knew migrated content could turn out to be the biggest pain)
- Drupal 8 wasnt released when we started the project. Which meant dealing with the uncertainty.
This case study can be useful for anyone who would like to take up a project in D8 or has already (or unknowingly) gotten into an agreement of a D8 project. This might just save the day!