It's D-Day, your site has hit the front page of reddit and alarms are ringing everywhere. You try your hardest to stay online- enable caching, followed best practices, but your site still crashes and burns. If only you had taken the time to prepare, you could have at least salvaged the wreck! Be it an unexpected promotion or planned flash sale, learn the tools for simulating a large amount of traffic and how to be ready. We will cover areas of potential failure, tips on making them more robust, and ways to recover even in worst case scenario.
- How to create a holiday performance plan
- How to test (tools) and optimize before the big day
- What to test before the big day
- Analyzing results and optimizing
- Diagnosis checklist for the big day
- Repairing in real time
- Plan B