Link to my presentation.
If you have been faking an understanding of concepts around testing, building infrastructure, and deploying and/or sidestepping implementation details of how to apply these concepts, we will rectify this at last in a fun, engaging, and memorable way. We will make sense of this “continuous integration” tool chain that seems to so excite folks at Drupal Camps and get you excited too.
Leave with a knowledge of what all of these things are:
- continuous integration/delivery/deployment
- configuration management (Vagrant/Ansible/Chef/puppet/scripts)
- Behavior Driven Development and Test Driven Development
- Testing frameworks (Behat/a11y/wraith/phpspec/phpunit)
- Automation frameworks (circleci/travis/jenkins)
Leave with first steps to implementing a workflow that includes:
- An environment configured with Ansible.
- A local environment configured with Vagrant.
- A behavior driven system testing framework with Behat.
- Automated testing and deployment with CircleCI.
Whether you are a seasoned developer who hasn’t quite gotten around to implementing a sane, CI workflow, or all of this is completely new, you will leave with something that can immediately make your work better.