Containers are all the rage. But why? Are they really better than virtual machines? What is a container even? Should I move from a Vagrant development environment to Docker? How does this look when a Composer based development workflow is used? What is it like moving from Vagrant to Docker and learning D8 at the same time?
This session will cover:
- Virtual machines versus containers
- Why containers? Why Docker?
- Why Composer?
- Development workflow using Docker
- Development workflow using Docker and Composer
- Tools/frameworks to get started