The recent launch of Drupal 8 brings big changes to various functions and processes around custom module development. This session is geared toward people who have built custom modules in Drupal 7 but haven't yet dove in to Drupal 8. You’ve used the (awesome) Drupal Console to build your custom module with a controller or service, but what now? You have this in your muscle memory from Drupal 7, but how do you create it in Drupal 8?
In this session, you will learn how to do in Drupal 8 some of the most common programming tasks you know from Drupal 7. Topics in this session include:
- Creating an HTML table
- Creating HTML links
- Outputting bulleted or numbered lists
- Overriding page titles
- Overriding local task (tab) titles
- Creating nodes programatically
- Editing nodes programmatically
- Querying nodes based on field values
- Cron tasks
- Getting the Node IDs that are part of a Views result
- Creating a custom menu link
- Creating a custom block
Plan to walk away from this session with a firm grasp on how to execute common programming tasks in Drupal 8 and be on your way to building custom Drupal 8 modules.