DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling. Paving the way for this is our amazing Technology team, dedicated to transforming the marketing landscape. Right now, we’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer (Associate Director) who will lead the front and back-end engineering teams on a Fortune 10 account where DigitasLBi was just named the Digital Agency of Record. This is a greenfield opportunity to shape the technical direction of a new account, build a strong team and be part of growing our digital footprint within the client.
This is the right agency and role for you if you are…
- Energized by the pace of innovation and changes happening in the broader industry
- Equally interested in both strategic and creative processes, design thinking and what drives consumer behavior
- Known for being a strong technical leader who can build and motivate teams
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Define the team structure, based on planned and future scope, and support recruiting efforts
- Participate in creative briefings and bring new ideas, startups and potential products to the team that make great creative ideas even better
- Work directly with creative and experience design teams to concept and scope digital solutions
- Partner with client teams, and their technology partners, to build out integrated solutions
- Scope projects on multiple levels - team size, infrastructure needs and overall effort
- Oversee offshore development teams as well as Release Management
- Deeply familiar with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles
- Participate, and take an active role, in the national Technical Architecture Council
- Support office R&D initiatives, such as within our Chicago Innovation Lab
- Balance development activities with management responsibilities
- Partner with functional analysts to develop technical designs that support the architecture and creative brief
- Perform code reviews, write code standards and ensure developers adhere to the designs
- Mentor more junior team members to build and grow new technical skills
- Work comfortably within a dynamic, challenging environment while understanding the importance of meeting client delivery deadlines
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent
- Creative agency experience desired
- Management experience as a development team lead and with direct reports
- 5+ Years of experience with PHP architecture and development
- Drupal experience highly desired
- Interdisciplinary thinker with skills in creative, design and strategy
- Experience with Mobile-first site development
- Experience setting up and running strong DevOps
- Experience with Content Management, E-Commerce Systems - especially around back-end integrations
- Experience with Cloud development and PaaS stacks (e.g. Heroku, AWS, Rackspace)
- Experience with NoSQL and Big Data products
Got the goods? We’d love to hear from you.
We have 40 offices in 25 countries, each one helping to upend and redefine the landscape of strategy, creativity, media and technology. We’re pumped about the accolades we’ve earned – cue Titanium Lions, Gold Pencils and making LinkedIn’s Most InDemand Employer List of 2014 – but what energizes us most is the people we work with, the clients we work for and the never-ending challenge that confronts us: Producing amazing creative, day after day.
On top of great values, great people and great clients, we’re proud to offer many great perks – things like flex vacation days, tuition reimbursement, gym membership discounts and anniversary gifts for the many people who’ve been with us 5, 10, 20 years and more. And while we celebrate those who’ve stuck by us and shaped us into the creative force that we are today, we’re always looking for great new talent help us grow even stronger. If that’s you, well, come join us.
DigitasLBi is an equal opportunity employer.
Email [email protected] for more information or to apply.